Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Use a Resources Page to Grow Your Traffic and Income
Today’s episode is part 9 of the new ‘Today, Not Someday’ podcast series. The focus is actioning your ‘someday’ list, the things you’ve always wanted to do to improve your blog but have struggled to make happen. For details about how the series works, check out episode one here. I’ve included a full list of episodes below.
The focus of today’s episode is about how to create a resources page to help your readers, grow traffic, and grow income.
In This Episode
- Why a resources page can be good for your blog
- 4 reasons why I created the first resources page for my blog
- 7 things you can include in your resources page
- 7 tips to make sure your resources page grows your traffic and income
- 7 real life examples of highly effective resource pages you can refer to when you are creating your own
Further Reading and Resources for How to Use a Resources Page to Grow Your Traffic and Income
The resources page on ProBlogger, a page where I list useful tools, services and training for bloggers (since recording this podcast we’ve begun updating this page – but we’ll further refine it for visual appeal in the coming weeks).
Examples of effective resource pages:
- Matt has a fantastic page with different pages of recommendations: nomadicmatt.com/travel-resources
- Caz and Craig take a similar approach on their page: ytravelblog.com/travel-resources
- Jane takes the approach of breaking her page down into categories with a sentence about each recommendation:
- Tsh has a ‘useful things’ page that then links to 3 other resources pages: theartofsimple.net/useful-things
- Steve Huff has put together a page of the photography gear he uses: stevehuffphoto.com/my-gear-the-gear-i-own-and-use-on-a-daily-basis
- I like how this page takes common questions and gives a resource for each:
- Stacey tackles a variety of topics in her page at:
Other episodes in the Today, Not Someday Series:
- Part 1: Introducing New ‘Today, Not Someday’ Series
- Part 2: Why You Should Create a Product to Sell On Your Blog (and Tips on How to Do It)
- Part 3: How to Increase the Subscriber Numbers to Your Email List
- Part 4: How to Get Readers Excited to Join and Stay on Your Email List
- Part 5: How to Use Autoresponders to Fast Track Engagement and Profit
- Part 6: How to Refresh the Design of Your Blog For Maximum Impact
- Part 7: How to Make Money as an Affiliate With a Best Seller List
- Part 8: How to Make Your Social Media Strategy More Effective for the New Year
Meet my new friend, Edgar (and a SPECIAL OFFER)
I’d like to welcome a new sponsor to the ProBlogger podcast for the duration of this 10 part series, my friend ‘Edgar‘.
Edgar is a tool I’ve been using since January of this year that does exactly what this series is about. It enables you to make the work you do on social media keep paying off for the long term. You put a little work into Edgar today by adding social media updates highlighting the great content in your blog’s archives and Edgar goes to work to share them to your followers not just once but by queuing your updates to keep delivering to into the future.
The team at Edgar have put together a special deal for ProBlogger readers which gives you a free one month trial. Sign up for your free one month trial at meetedgar.com/problogger. Here’s a video of how I use Edgar:
If watching videos isn’t your thing – here’s a blog post I wrote on how I use Edgar.
How did you go with today’s episode?
What will you include in your resources page? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below, and feel free to include a link if you’ve already created it.
The hashtag I’ll be using to talk about this journey on social media is #TodayNotSomeday and I encourage you to share your journey too, using the same hashtag.
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.