How to Develop a Product to Sell on Your Blog
Today’s episode is the second of the new ‘Today, Not Someday’ series of podcasts that will take us up to the end of the year about what you can do to make your blog ready for success in 2016. The focus is your ‘someday’ list, the things you’ve always wanted to do to improve your blog but have struggled to make happen. For details about how the series works, check out episode one here.
The focus of today’s episode is about why having something to sell is so important, and tips about how you can develop a product to sell on your blog.
In This Episode
- Why having something of your own to sell is so important
- 9 ways you’re losing opportunities if you don’t offer products on your blog
- How I made my first product – the mistakes I made and the lessons I learned
- 8 steps to follow to create your first product
Update: you might also like to check out this followup episode on how to create more time to create your first product.
Further Reading and Resources for How to Develop a Product to Sell on Your Blog
Other episodes in the Today, Not Someday Series:
The ‘creating products’ series on the ProBlogger blog
This is the series of blog posts I mention about ‘creating products’ that Shayne Tilley and I shared on the ProBlogger blog:
- Creating Product Week: How to Create and Sell Products On Your Blog
- Creating Products Week: Before You Even Think About Creating Products, Think About This
- Creating Products Week: Which Product Should I Create?
- Creating Products Week: How to Create Products for Your Blog
- Creating Products Week: The Launch Countdown
- Creating Products Week: Making Products Happen – Getting Your Ideas off the Ground
Meet my new friend, Edgar
I’d like to welcome a new sponsor to the ProBlogger podcast for the duration of this 10 part series, my friend ‘Edgar‘.
Edgar is a tool I’ve been using since January of this year that does exactly what this series is about. It enables you to make the work you do on social media keep paying off for the long term. You put a little work into Edgar today by adding social media updates highlighting the great content in your blog’s archives and Edgar goes to work to share them to your followers not just once but by queuing your updates to keep delivering to into the future.
The team at Edgar have put together a special deal for ProBlogger readers which gives you a free one month trial. Sign up for it at meetedgar.com/problogger.
How did you go with today’s episode?
How did you go with product ideas? What product do you think you will create and launch first? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
The hashtag I’ll be using to talk about this journey on social media is #TodayNotSomeday and I encourage you to share your journey too, using the same hashtag.
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.