Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How You Can Make Money on Your Blog From Being an Affiliate
Today’s episode is part 7 of the new ‘Today, Not Someday’ podcast series. The focus is actioning your ‘someday’ list, the things you’ve always wanted to do to improve your blog but have struggled to make happen. For details about how the series works, check out episode one here. I’ve included a full list of episodes below.
The focus of today’s episode is how to make money as an affiliate by creating a best seller list. I’ve earned over half a million dollars from the Amazon affiliate program during my blogging career. I share tips about how you can make money as an affiliate on your blog.
In This Episode
- Why best seller lists work
- 4 different types of best seller lists you can use on your blog
- Examples of effective best seller lists
- Examples of effective Facebook posts I have used to promote best seller list blog posts
- A challenge for you to create a best seller list on your blog (and an opportunity to share it)
Further Reading and Resources for How You Can Make Money on Your Blog From Being an Affiliate
Examples of best seller lists:
- The 20 Most Popular DSLRs Among our Readers
- The 20 Most Popular DSLR Lenses Among our Readers
- The 19 Most Popular Compact System and Mirrorless Cameras with Our Readers
Examples of the Facebook updates for these posts that did well:
Other episodes in the Today, Not Someday Series:
- Part 1: Introducing New ‘Today, Not Someday’ Series
- Part 2: Why You Should Create a Product to Sell On Your Blog (and Tips on How to Do It)
- Part 3: How to Increase the Subscriber Numbers to Your Email List
- Part 4: How to Get Readers Excited to Join and Stay on Your Email List
- Part 5: How to Use Autoresponders to Fast Track Engagement and Profit
- Part 6: How to Refresh the Design of Your Blog For Maximum Impact
Meet my new friend, Edgar (and a SPECIAL OFFER)
I’d like to welcome a new sponsor to the ProBlogger podcast for the duration of this 10 part series, my friend ‘Edgar‘.
Edgar is a tool I’ve been using since January of this year that does exactly what this series is about. It enables you to make the work you do on social media keep paying off for the long term. You put a little work into Edgar today by adding social media updates highlighting the great content in your blog’s archives and Edgar goes to work to share them to your followers not just once but by queuing your updates to keep delivering to into the future.
The team at Edgar have put together a special deal for ProBlogger readers which gives you a free one month trial. Sign up for your free one month trial at meetedgar.com/problogger. Here’s a video of how I use Edgar:
If watching videos isn’t your thing – here’s a blog post I wrote on how I use Edgar.
How did you go with today’s episode?
What will you include in your best seller list? I’d love to see your new blog affiliate best seller list in the comments below.
The hashtag I’ll be using to talk about this journey on social media is #TodayNotSomeday and I encourage you to share your journey too, using the same hashtag.
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.