Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Use Autoresponders to Fast Track Engagement & Profit
Today’s episode is part 5 of the new ‘Today, Not Someday’ podcast series. The focus is actioning your ‘someday’ list, the things you’ve always wanted to do to improve your blog but have struggled to make happen. For details about how the series works, check out episode one here. Part 2 was about why you should sell a product on your blog (and how to do it). Part 3 was about how to increase your subscriber numbers for your email list. Part 4 was about how to get readers excited to join and stay on your email list.
The focus of today’s episode is how to use auto responders to drive traffic and profit with your blog.
In This Episode
- What is an Autoresponder?
- Why you should use autoresponders on your blog
- Tools you can use to create autoresponders
- 9 types of emails you can use autoresponders for on your blog
- How to create successful, engaging autoresponders
- How often to schedule autoresponder emails
- What other types of emails you should send to support your autoresponders
- Challenge – set up an autoresponder for your blog
Further Reading and Resources for How to Use Autoresponders to Fast Track Engagement
Other episodes in the Today, Not Someday Series:
- Part 1: Introducing New ‘Today, Not Someday’ Series
- Part 2: Why You Should Create a Product to Sell On Your Blog (and Tips on How to Do It)
- Part 3: How to Increase the Subscriber Numbers to Your Email List
- Part 4: How to Get Readers Excited to Join and Stay on Your Email List
Tools you can use to create autoresponders:
Meet my new friend, Edgar (and a SPECIAL OFFER)
I’d like to welcome a new sponsor to the ProBlogger podcast for the duration of this 10 part series, my friend ‘Edgar‘.
Edgar is a tool I’ve been using since January of this year that does exactly what this series is about. It enables you to make the work you do on social media keep paying off for the long term. You put a little work into Edgar today by adding social media updates highlighting the great content in your blog’s archives and Edgar goes to work to share them to your followers not just once but by queuing your updates to keep delivering to into the future.
The team at Edgar have put together a special deal for ProBlogger readers which gives you a free one month trial. Sign up for your free one month trial at meetedgar.com/problogger.
Here’s a video of how I use Edgar:
If watching videos isn’t your thing – here’s a blog post I wrote on how I use Edgar.
How did you go with today’s episode?
Do you already have an autoresponder? Will you start one today? I’d love to hear about what you decide to set up for your blog and how it works for you in the comments below.
The hashtag I’ll be using to talk about this journey on social media is #TodayNotSomeday and I encourage you to share your journey too, using the same hashtag.
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.