Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Write a ‘How I Do It’ Blog Post to Grow Your Readership
Today’s episode is all about how to write a very simple but extremely powerful style of blog post – the ‘How I Do It’ post.
In This Episode
- Why ‘How I Did It’ blog posts are more powerful than other posts
- The powerful difference between ‘How I Did It’ and ‘How I DO It’ posts
- Real life examples of successful ‘How I Did It’ and ‘How I Do It’ blog posts – from my own blogs and others
- How to come up with ideas and write your own ‘How I Do It’ blog post to grow your readership
Further Reading and Resources for How to Write a ‘How I Do It’ Blog Post to Grow Your Readership
Tips about writing different types of posts (these are previous podcast episodes):
- Write and Publish a List Post
- Writing Challenge: Create a Link Post for Your Blog
- How to Write an Opinion Post to Draw People in to Your Blog
- How to Write a Post That Contains a Call to Action
- How to Write a Review Post
Examples of ‘How I Do It’ blog posts:
- The post I mention that Vanessa (my wife) wrote about travelling to Bali with Young Kids
- $72,000 in E-Books in a Week – 8 Lessons I Learned
- How to Build an Efficient Social Media Workflow to Increase your Traffic
- Vanessa’s ‘How to Style Your Bed’ blog post
- A Powerful Exercise inside Google Analytics to Set You Up for a Successful Year of Blogging
- Step By Step How to Do a Head Shot on a White Background
- More examples of ‘Step By Step’ (How I Do It) blog posts on the Digital Photography School Blog
- Nicole Avery regularly shares ‘How I Do It’ posts on her blog, including her family morning routine, her kids homework boxes and how she preps food for her 5 kids’ lunch boxes each week.
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Have you already written a ‘How I Do It’ or ‘How I Did It’ blog post? What ‘How I Do It’ or ‘How I Did It’ blog post will you write and share next? We’d love to see it!
We’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Don’t forget to share a link to your blog.
Pick Up the 31DBBB eBook at 50% Off
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.