Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Write a ‘How I Do It’ Blog Post to Grow Your Readership
Today’s episode is all about how to write a very simple but extremely powerful style of blog post – the ‘How I Do It’ post.
In This Episode
- Why ‘How I Did It’ blog posts are more powerful than other posts
- The powerful difference between ‘How I Did It’ and ‘How I DO It’ posts
- Real life examples of successful ‘How I Did It’ and ‘How I Do It’ blog posts – from my own blogs and others
- How to come up with ideas and write your own ‘How I Do It’ blog post to grow your readership
Further Reading and Resources for How to Write a ‘How I Do It’ Blog Post to Grow Your Readership
Tips about writing different types of posts (these are previous podcast episodes):
- Write and Publish a List Post
- Writing Challenge: Create a Link Post for Your Blog
- How to Write an Opinion Post to Draw People in to Your Blog
- How to Write a Post That Contains a Call to Action
- How to Write a Review Post
Examples of ‘How I Do It’ blog posts:
- The post I mention that Vanessa (my wife) wrote about travelling to Bali with Young Kids
- $72,000 in E-Books in a Week – 8 Lessons I Learned
- How to Build an Efficient Social Media Workflow to Increase your Traffic
- Vanessa’s ‘How to Style Your Bed’ blog post
- A Powerful Exercise inside Google Analytics to Set You Up for a Successful Year of Blogging
- Step By Step How to Do a Head Shot on a White Background
- More examples of ‘Step By Step’ (How I Do It) blog posts on the Digital Photography School Blog
- Nicole Avery regularly shares ‘How I Do It’ posts on her blog, including her family morning routine, her kids homework boxes and how she preps food for her 5 kids’ lunch boxes each week.
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Have you already written a ‘How I Do It’ or ‘How I Did It’ blog post? What ‘How I Do It’ or ‘How I Did It’ blog post will you write and share next? We’d love to see it!
We’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Don’t forget to share a link to your blog.
Pick Up the 31DBBB eBook at 50% Off
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.