Writing Challenge: Create a Link Post for Your Blog
It’s time for another writing challenge – today is all about creating a ‘link post’ for your blog.
Link posts used to be the bread and butter of bloggers but have become less popular over the last couple of years – but I think they still have real benefit for your blog – so I challenge you to create one today.
Once you’ve published it I’d love to see what you’ve created in the comments of these show notes below.
In this Episode
- The way things were with link posts and why they were good for the blogosphere
- Why link posts have become less popular
- Reasons to consider using link posts on your blog
- 6 types of link posts to try (choose one for todays challenge)
Examples of the 6 Types of Link Posts
Let me also give you some quick examples (all taken from the archives of ProBlogger) on the 6 types of ‘link posts’.
- Build Upon the Points of Others – How to Build Your Blog’s Audience with Long Form Evergreen Content (where I built on the ideas shared by Tim Ferriss in a podcast)
- Take the Opposite Point of View – 9 Reasons Why I AM an Amazon Affiliate – where I bounced off a post by another blogger who took the opposing view
- Build a Resource on a Topic – Four Blogging Tools to Make your Content Go Further or Where to Find Free Images Online
- Speedlinking/WrapUp – 11 SpeedLinks for Professional Bloggers and Web Workers (it’s an old one as I’ve not done it for a while)
- One Question Interviews – 14 Bloggers Share Their Daily Blogging Routine (where I emailed some other bloggers to ask them to answer a simple question)
- Further Reading – Follow These Six Steps to Make Plenty of Time to Write (and Enjoy it Too) (this post had numerous ‘further reading’ links scattered through the post.
Other Tools/Links Briefly Mentioned in todays Episode
Also check out Feedly as a good RSS reading tool.
Share Your Link Post In Comments Below
On day 2 of this challenge I challenged you to write a ‘list post’ and many of you wrote and then shared links to the lists you wrote. You did so well and I enjoyed reading them.
Today I’d like you to share you newly published ‘link posts’ in comments below.
Please only share newly written posts and please also take a moment or two to surf around some of the links that others share so we can get to know other bloggers taking this challenge.
Can’t wait to see your posts!
Check out this Offer from 99designs
Also check out the great offer our friends, and new podcast sponsor, 99designs have for you (worth $99). They’re a fantastic place to go if you’re looking for any help with graphic design in your blogging.
I use their services and have worked with some great designers to create graphic design creatives for my blogs.