Yesterday’s infographic covered a lot of topics, which I guess goes to show just how much we bloggers have on our minds!
I thought I’d follow it up with links to more information on each of the topics it covered, so that anyone who’s feeling overwhelmed can access and work through these ideas at their own pace.
While each of us might have all these topics in mind at any time, we’re naturally going to focus on those that interest us, or those we find easier, or feel less challenged by. Perhaps yesterday’s infographic and this list will prompt you to give some attention to one or two of the areas that you might usually neglect.
- Choosing a blog theme, topic, or niche: How to Choose a Niche for Your Blog
- Selecting a URL: Which Domain is Right for You?
- Search Engine Optimization: 25 Reasons Why Google Hates You (and don’t forget to check out our SEO article archive for more specific help).
- Creating blog content: How to Blog When You’re Not a Writer, also listed in our Writing Content archives.
- Creating and using graphics: Why You Should Create Your Own Graphics for Your Blog—plus look out for a post on creating and using imagery in posts on the blog tomorrow.
- Choosing and using a blog template: Recommended Blogging Resources, along with our articles on Blog Networks.
- Sharing content: 9 Practical Ways to Start Attracting an Audience to Your New Social Media Account.
- Blog monetization: 7-Point Checklist for Bloggers Who Want to Create a Profitable Blog.
- Traffic generation: The Unsexy Truth About Finding Traffic for Your Blog.
- About pages: How Your About Page Can Make or Break Your Blog.
Also, later this week, we’ll take a closer look at three of the areas mentioned in the infographic: the phases in a blog’s lifecycle, creating blog graphics quickly and easily, and avoiding blogging burnout.