Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
My Tips and Tools for Creating Your Own Podcast
Today’s episode is all about podcasting. We usually talk about blogging in this podcast, but to celebrate reaching the milestone of 50 podcast episodes, I thought I might share what’s worked and what hasn’t worked in my podcasting journey so far.
In just three months my podcast series has hit #1 in iTunes Australia, was in the top 10 international chart for the first weeks, and is hovering in top 10 for Business/Marketing categories for Australia and America.
I still have a lot to learn, but I’ve been getting asked a lot about how I create this podcast series, so I decided to share what I’ve learned so far (and am sharing my most listened to podcasts and the tools I use below).
In This Episode
- the benefits of starting a podcast
- how I measure my podcast’s success
- my podcast statistics
- what types of content have been most popular so far on my podcast series
- the most effective ways to deliver podcast content
- the details behind my experiment of completing 31 podcasts in 31 days
- the tools I use to create my podcast series
- how you can use a podcast series to build an audience
- how to monetize a podcast
Further Reading and Resources for Tips and Tools for Creating Your Own Podcast
The most popular episodes in my podcast series so far:
- Episode 32: Can you really make money blogging?
- Episode 38: How One Humiliating Experience Gave Me a Wake Up Call That Helped Me Build a More Profitable Blog
- Episode 11: How to Come Up with Hundreds of Blog Post Ideas for Your Blog
- Episode 18: How to Create a Page That Propels People Deep Within Your Blog
- Episode 29: How to Develop a Plan to Grow Your Readership
- Episode 35: How to Turn Surfers into Blog Readers by Building a Sticky Blog
- Episode 40: How to Become a More Efficient and Productive Blogger
The videos I used to help me in setting up my podcast, by Pat Flynn:
The podcasting tools I use:
- Libsyn – hosting podcast episodes
- Auphonic – levels things out in the audio
- BluBrry PowerPress – mp3 player, iTunes integration etc.
- MyPodcastReviews – to see reviews people are leaving in iTunes and Stitcher (globally)
- Rode Podcast Mic – the microphone I use
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Do you already have a podcast? Feel free to share a link. I’d love to hear what’s working for you. Or perhaps you’re thinking about starting one?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Don’t forget to share a link to your blog and your podcast if you have one.
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.