Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Turn Surfers into Blog Readers by Building a Sticky Blog
Today’s episode is about how to find new readers for your blog. It’s the question I get asked most by bloggers, so this is the third of several podcasts on this topic. In part one we looked at two really important questions to ask before you go hunting for readers to read your blog. In part two, we talked about how to use two types of content to find readers for your blog. Today, we talk about building a blog that readers will want to return to again and again (a ‘sticky’ blog).
In This Episode
- Why it’s so much easier to hook readers into become regular rather than having to find fresh readers every day
- 15 ways to make it difficult for readers to leave your blog
- How to get readers to subscribe, follow and connect
Further Resources For Finding Blog Readers
- A Secret to Finding New Subscribers for Your Blog
- Add an ‘About’ Page to Your Blog
- Target different readers with different messages. We use Opt In Monster, which enables us to show different popups/calls to action to subscribe to different types of traffic (this is an affiliate link).
How did you go with today’s challenge?
Are you already using some techniques to make your blog sticky? What would you add? What will you try next?
I’d love to hear your answers to those questions. Let me know in the comments below, and share a link to your blog.
Pick Up the 31DBBB eBook at 50% Off
Don’t Forget You can also grab the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Workbook with a 50% discount using the coupon code PODCAST50 during the checkout process here. Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.