Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Find Readers For Your Blog
Today’s episode is about how to find new readers for your blog. It’s the question I get asked most by bloggers, so this is the first of several podcasts on this topic. We will be getting into some tactical and very practical ways to build readerships over the next few episodes, but before we do that, today we look at the two questions you must ask yourself if you really want to get blog readers.
In This Episode
- How I damaged my blog by chasing traffic instead of trying to create meaningful relationships
- The 2 questions you must ask yourself if you really want to get blog readers
- How to find out who your current readers are and what their problems are – so you can solve them
- How to create reader avatars for your blog
- The 3 secret ingredients of blogs that change peoples’ lives
Further Resources For Finding Blog Readers
- How to Create Reader Profiles/Personas to Inspire and Inform Your Blogging – includes examples of my first reader personas.
How did you go with today’s challenge?
Who are you trying to reach with your blog? How are you trying to change their life?
I’d love to hear your answers to those questions. Let me know in the comments below, and share a link to your blog.
Pick Up the 31DBBB eBook at 50% Off
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.