Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
My Tips for Making Money As a Blogger Through Affiliate Marketing
Today’s episode is all about how to make money as a blogger through affiliate marketing. Making money through affiliate marketing is not easy money, but there are things you can do to increase your chances of earning a regular stream of income from it. I share insider tips about what’s worked for me in making money through affiliate marketing on my blogs.
In This Episode
- What is affiliate marketing?
- Why affiliate marketing works
- Why the rewards from affiliate marketing can be greater than advertising
- Real-life examples of affiliate marketing
- 3 different types of affiliate programs you can use
- 3 things you can do to make sure affiliate marketing will work on your blog
Further Reading and Resources for Making Money As a Blogger Through Affiliate Marketing
What is an affiliate promotion (infographic):
The affiliate sweet spot graphic mentioned:
Here’s the Promotion Sequence mentioned:
Best Seller List Examples:
- The 30 Most Popular DSLR Lenses with our Readers
- The 19 Most Popular DSLRs Among our Readers
- The 19 Most Popular Compact System and Mirrorless Cameras with Our Readers
Affiliate Networks Mentioned:
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Do you already use affiliate marketing on your blog? What works for you? What will you do next to explore affiliate marketing on your blog?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.