Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Use Your Writing to Build Relationships and Build Your Brand
Today’s episode is all about using your writing to build relationships and your brand. It’s a special interview with Beth Dunn, Product Editor-in-Chief at HubSpot. In today’s podcast episode, Beth shares really practical tips and strategies you can use for helping you sound more human in the way you write your blog content.
In This Episode
- Why every word you choose affects how you are perceived by others
- 10 things you can do to make sure your writing portrays exactly what you want it to say
- How to write to show that you are human
- How to write to show that you are honest and trustworthy
- How to make your readers excited
- How to approach acronyms and formal language
- How to make sure mistakes don’t slip through
- Why a style guide can be so powerful in improving your writing
- How to find an editor
- How to tap into the power of pronouns
- The power of imagining your reader in a really bad mood
- How to convey humour without accidentally coming across as snarky or sarcastic
Further Reading and Resources for How to Use Your Writing to Build Relationships and Build Your Brand
How to be a writing god:
How to fix your writing:
More writing tips and resources from Beth:
- Conversational Contractions
- Lay Off The Exclamation Marks, Buddy
- Hubspot’s style guide
- The User Is The Hero
You can connect with Beth and more of her writing at:
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Are you already using some of Beth’s strategies? Which ones will you try next? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.