Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Let People Know What You Have to Offer Without Being Annoying
Today’s episode is all about how to promote yourself without coming across as an arrogant jerk. It’s in response to a question from a reader, but I know that this is something that a lot of people struggle with. It can be tricky conveying your talent, experience, and expertise without being annoying, but it is possible. I share 13 tips to make it less daunting.
In This Episode
- Why serving others is more important than pushing your talents
- How you can use your passion to stimulate questions and conversation
- Why sharing what you don’t know can be a powerful way to attract new readers
- How you can grow your own reputation by crediting other people
- Why it’s important to accept help
- How modesty can undermine your message
- How to know when to stop talking about what you can offer
- The most powerful thing you can do to create a positive impression
- Why comparing yourself to others can be toxic
- The secret to being a great influencer
Further Reading and Resources for How to Let People Know What You Have to Offer Without Being Annoying
- The study I mention that shows that ‘self superiority claims’ could be one of the worst things you can do
Other episodes with tips for finding new readers:
- Episode 33: 2 Questions to Ask to Help You Find Readers for Your Blog
- Episode 34: 2 Types of Content that Help You to Find Readers for Your Blog
- Episode 35: Turn Surfers into Blog Readers by Building a Sticky Blog
- Episode 36: Find Readers for Your Blog Through Commenting and Relationships
- Episode 37: Grow Traffic to Your Blog Through Guest Posting and Creating Content for Other Blogs, Forums, Media and Events
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Do you have other tips that have worked for you? What will you try next?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.