Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Improve Your Blog by Facing Your Fears
Today’s episode is all about fear. Fear holds a lot of people back from engaging. If you let it, fear can hold you back from being an effective blogger, podcaster, live streamer or social media user. I share some strategies for recognising, harnessing and overcoming your fear so that you can use it to your advantage.
In This Episode
- Why fear can actually be a good thing for your blogging
- I share some of my real-life fears and how I got through them
- 3 questions to ask yourself when you’re facing fear
- Why trying to smash or eliminate fear could be unhelpful
- How you can be behave bravely even though you’re scared
Further Reading and Resources for How to Improve Your Blog by Facing Your Fears
- Top Tips to Let Go of Fear
- 3 Questions to Ask When Facing Fear [And Why Wobbly Courage Is Enough]
- The 7 Deadly Fears of Blogging and How to Overcome Them
- 6 Practices to Overcome Your Fears of Playing Bigger
- Beat Your Fear of Technology, and Grow Your Blog
- Blogging and Insecurity: Conquering the Fear of Presenting Your Big Ideas
- 10 Hurdles I’ve Faced as a Blogger and How I Got Over Them
The podcast episode I mention where I did my first ever interview:
- Episode 52: 10 Writing Tips to Help You Sound More Human
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Do you have other tips that help you work through your fears that you’d like to share? What will you try next?
Who would you like to us to interview on the ProBlogger Podcast in future?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.