Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Grow Traffic to Your Blog Through Guest Posting and Creating Content for Other Blogs, Forums, Media and Events
Today’s episode is about how to find new readers for your blog. It’s the question I get asked most by bloggers, so this is the forth of a series of podcasts on this topic.
- In part one we looked at two really important questions to ask before you go hunting for readers to read your blog.
- In part two, we talked about how to use two types of content to find readers for your blog.
- In part three, we talked about building a blog that readers will want to return to again and again (a ‘sticky’ blog).
- In part four, we talked about how to find readers for your blog through commenting and relationships.
Today, we talk about how to grow your readership by posting and creating content for other blogs, forums, media and events.
In This Episode
- 6 different channels you could be creating and guest posting content
- How to choose the most appropriate channels for guest posting content
- How to build a strong portfolio of content to show people what you can do
- How to pitch irresistible content to other blogs, forums, media and events
- How to make it impossible for people to miss your guest content once it’s published
Further Reading and Resources For Finding Blog Readers
- Buzzsumo – a tool you can use to see what content performs best for any topic or competitor
- Why You Have a Better Chance of Landing a Guest Post Than You Think (and How to Do It)
- A Quick and Dirty Guide to Your First Guest Post
- How to Get Your Guest Posts Accepted Every Time
- How to Guest Post to Promote Your Blog
- Stat-Driven Tips on How to Pitch to Big-Name Publishers in Your Niche
How did you go with today’s challenge?
Are you already posting and creating content for other blogs to grow your blog readership? What would you add? What will you try next?
I’d love to hear your answers to those questions. Let me know in the comments below, and share a link to your blog.
Pick Up the 31DBBB eBook at 50% Off
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.