It’s day three of our thirty one day challenge!
How are you feeling? Pumped? Motivated? Ready to shake up your blog and your routine during these 31 days?
“Build it and they will come“, you think? That is really not the case with blogging.
You need to put your blog where people will read it. In today’s podcast we discuss doing just that – how, where, and why to promote your blog with the maximum chances of it being seen. You have to get off your blog to get your blog read!
In todays episode there are tips on where to go to share your posts, how to build reader profiles (and why you need them), and how to figure out where those ideal readers are. Then we go through what to give those readers when you finally catch their attention – are you worthy of being found? How are you being useful? What kind of content are you creating?
Where are those potential readers?
The internet is vast, and while we immediately think of social media as the first place to share content, it isn’t always the only place.
In this episode we talk about developing editorial schedules for social media, but we also go beyond that, into the realm of guest posts, forums and other forgotten places to be seen.
We’re going to encourage you today to get off your blog and put yourself out there. Take today’s challenge and choose a certain post to share. All it takes is a little of your time and some creative thinking.
Click here to listen to day three of the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog series on the ProBlogger Podcast.
- How to Promote Your Blog Without Letting the Rest of Your Blogging Slide
- How to Promote Your Blog with Content that Will Grow your Traffic, Links, and Shares (especially helpful for business bloggers)
- Topsy.com helps you find influencers in your niche that you might be able to pitch to
- How to Promote Your Blog on Social Media – Hootsuite give some out-of-the-box ideas on leveraging the different streams of all the popular platforms
- Hubspot have an infographic on 36 Tried-and-True Ways to Promote Your Blog Posts