Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
7 Practical Strategies for Building Community With Your Blog
Today’s episode is about how to build relationships with the readers on your blog. Having a community around your blog gives your blog social proof and makes your blog more useful and satisfying to you and your readers. This is the second part of a two-part episode. Part one was an in depth look at why you should spend time and energy trying to build community. Today is all about practical strategies and tips for how to build community.
In This Episode
- How to build a ‘culture’ of community
- How to map out what you want your blog community to look like
- How to write in a conversational voice instead of talking AT your readers
- 7 different ways to invite interaction from your readers
- How a dedicated community area or forum can help you build blog community
- How using interactive and accessible mediums like video and live streaming can build community
- How to use projects and challenges to give readers the chance to show off and to connect with each other
- How you can use real life events to strengthen your blog community
- 7 ways putting your readers in the spotlight can build blog community
Further Reading and Resources for 7 Practical Strategies for Building Community With Your Blog
- Episode 60: Why You Should Make Building Community a Priority in Your Blogging
- Episode 5: Email One of Your Blog’s Readers [Day 5 Of 31 Days To Build A Better Blog]
- Episode 52: 10 Writing Tips to Help You Sound More Human
- Episode 19: Write an Opinion Post [Day 19 of 31 Days to Build a Better Blog]
- One of the 7 day challenges on my wife’s blog, Style and Shenanigan
- Photo a Day challenges on the Fat Mum Slim blog
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Do you have other tips that have worked for you? What will you try next?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.