@SmallFishMedia asks – “What can you do to make your blog more of a community?”
There are many things that you can do to build a sense of community on a blog. Here’s a short list of ideas that come to mind:
- Take the lead and be the community that you want your readers to be – readers follow the lead of bloggers in how they’ll interact with each other
- Ask Questions – the key to more comments and interaction on a blog
- Give readers homework – try it, it works
- Give readers a job to do on your blog – bizarre but it works
- Link to reader’s blogs – it’s amazing what impact this can have
- Answer Reader questions – this has real power
- Invite Readers to Take the lead with guest posts, giving advice to each other etc
- Make Readers Famous – celebrate your readers publicly
- Do projects where readers can participate, submit things and be active. The more you have them DO the more loyal they’ll become.
It’s over to you now – any tips for SmallFishMedia on how to add more of a sense of community to your blog?