Welcome to my How to Blog – Blogging Tips for Beginners Guide.
On the page below you’ll find links to a series of how to blog tips that I’ve written with blogging for beginners (and ‘Pre’ Bloggers) in mind. It unpacks the basics of blogging and a lot of the decisions and strategies that you’ll want to consider when setting up and starting a blog.
How to Blog – My Ultimate Guide to Blogging for Beginners
Since developing this series I’ve produced a book specifically for beginner bloggers. You can learn more about it on our ProBlogger the Book page. The book is filled with up to date blogging tips for beginners – you can get it on Amazon here.
Lastly- if you enjoy these posts and want to keep in touch with ProBlogger – subscribe via our RSS feed.
Blogging Tips for Beginners
- What is a Blog?
- 23 Questions for Prospective Bloggers – Is a Blog Right for You?
- How to Choose a Niche Topic for Your Blog
- Choosing a Blog Platform
- Choosing a Domain Name for your Blog
- Blog Tools
Blog Design Tips
Tips for Writing Content for Blogs
- Useful and Unique Content
- Post Length
- Granular (One Topic) Posts
- Using Titles Effectively on Blogs
- Scannable Content
- Basic HTML Tags
- More on Writing Content for your Blog
Tips on Making Money from Blogs
- Introduction to Making Money from Blogs
- Should I blog for Money?
- Making Money From Your Blog – Direct Methods
- Making Money Because of your Blog – Indirect Methods
- How Much Money Can a Blog Earn?
- Introduction to Advertising Optimization – Traffic
- Introduction to Advertising Optimization – Ad Position
- Introduction to Advertising Optimization – Ad Design
- Introduction to Advertising – Ad Relevancy
- Introduction to Advertising – High Paying Ads
- Introduction to Blog Networks
- Why Should you join a blog network?
- Why you shouldn’t join a blog network
Other Beginner Blogging Tips
- An Introduction to Using Images on Blogs
- How to Start a Blog Partnership
- Kick Your RSS – Jumping on the Syndication Bandwagon
- Introduction to Trackbacks
- Tag You’re It – Leveraging Tagging for your Blog
- 10 Techniques for Finding Blog Readers
- 19 More Strategies for Finding Readers
Want more Blogging Tips for Beginners?
If you want more blogging tips I can recommend two things.
1. Subscribe to ProBlogger – This blog is updated daily with news and tips relevant to bloggers wanting to improve their blogs. You can subscribe via our RSS feed or via email by adding your email address to the field below:
2. Check out the archives of ProBlogger – Over the last few years I’ve published over 3000 posts and blogging tips to ProBlogger. The links above just scratch the surface. One way to get into our archives is through our Archives Page which highlights the different categories of the blog and suggests some of the more popular posts from DEHE. Alternatively use the search feature at the top of the blog to hunt down the topics you want to know more about.