We’re going on a link hunt, we’re going to catch a big one!
Today’s the day to check everything that might be turning readers away from your blog, but don’t be overwhelmed – it’s not as onerous as it sounds.
Over time, you’re bound to have some broken links. The sites you link to shut down, change their link structure, move their URLs… anything can happen. It can be bad for readability, but also for SEO.
In this episode I will explain how best to find the links that are broken, whether you are a beginner or have an established blog. Small steps in this instance will help you tackle what might be a huge task (but worth it in the end!). I also go through what to do when you find the broken link, and what you can do while you’re there on an old post
I also go through a few tools that will help you on your expedition. Check the show notes for links to each, and happy hunting!
Click here to listen to day 27 of the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog series on the ProBlogger Podcast.
- One Activity You Should Do On Your Blog Every Day
- 3 Important Questions To Ask About Posts in Your Blog Archives
- Updating Old Posts On Your Blog
- 7 Old Post Revival Techniques You Won’t Believe You’re Overlooking
- 25 Reasons Why Google Hates Your Blog
- How to Find and Fix Broken WordPress Links: Elegant Themes
- Website Weight Loss: Fix Your Broken Links: About Tech
- Website Broken Links: Why You Should Fix Them: Dave Lucas