For those of you waiting for the ProBlogger birthday competition that I’ve been gathering prizes for – I’m hoping to launch it next week once I’m back from my time away.
In the mean time – if you’re a ProBlogger regular – crack open a bottle of your favorite beverage, help yourself to a ProBlogger birthday cup cake and celebrate with me.
It’s been a big year on ProBlogger. New Job Boards, new design, lots of new readers (we’ve doubled last September’s traffic already this month and RSS subscribers are three times higher) and over 1300 posts and around 25,000 comments (that last one’s a guess).
Thanks to everyone for your support. ProBlogger would not be what it is becoming without a fantastic community of readers, commenters, guest posters and linkers. I appreciate you all and hope that you’ve benefited by being involved this year.
Here’s 10 of my personal favorite posts from the last year (listed in no particular order):
- 5 Things You Should Know about my Dad the ProBlogger
- 10 Ways to Hurt Your Blog’s Brand by Commenting on Other Blogs
- Create a Sneeze Page for Your Blog
- 31 Days to Building a Better Blog (a series which contains some of the more practical tips from the year gone by)
- First Impressions Matter on a Blog – Video
- 23 Ideas for Finding New Readers for Your Blog
- What a Bhuddhist Monk Taught Me about Blogging
- How to Make Your RSS Feeds POP – a Series
- How Not to Become a Grumpy Old Blogger
- 9 Attitudes of Highly Creative People
Of course this year ProBlogger had around 1300 posts published so the above just scratches the surface and I’ve skipped over quite a few others that I really enjoyed writing.
If you’ve got another one from the last year from our archives that I missed feel free to suggest it in comments below and if I get enough responses I’ll compile a reader’s best of list too.