How to never run out of ideas for blog posts and be aware of latest developments in your niche
Being productive and producing great content for your blog is so important – which is why we’ve had a number of episodes so far that have been ‘writing challenges’ (see episode 2 and episode 7) but today we’re focusing less on what we ‘output’ and more on what ‘input’ we’re getting as bloggers.
I was challenged earlier in the year to consider this for my own blogging and realised I’d become a little dry and out of touch with my niches – so decided to do something about it.
This episode is completely built upon that experience and I hope it gives you some ideas on how to create some inspiring, informed and idea generating input streams for your blogging.
The more you’re learning, inspired and up to date – the better position you’ll be in to help those reading your blog!
In This Episode
- 5 reasons why setting up alerts and subscriptions can be a great thing for your blog
- How to set up Google Alerts
- How to set up Twitter Alerts
- Other tools for setting up alerts, subscriptions and updates relevant to your niche
Mentioned in this episode:
- Google News Alerts
- Twitter Advanced Search
- Twitter Lists
- Sprout Social
- Facebook Interest Lists (how to create them)
- This Little Service Absolutely Crushes Google Alerts – Forbes.com
- Tap into Trending Content Before Your Competitors – Buzzsumo
- How to Use RSS feeds – Digital Trends
- How to Set Up Content Alerts – Buzzsumo
Tell us What You Did Today?
I’d love to hear how you found todays challenge in comments below.
- Did you already have an alerts/subscription system in place?
- What new alerts and subscriptions did you set up today?
- What tools do you use that were not mentioned in today’s episode – we’d love to check them out?
Check out this Offer from 99designs
Also check out the great offer our friends, and new podcast sponsor, 99designs have for you (worth $99). They’re a fantastic place to go if you’re looking for any help with graphic design in your blogging.
I use their services and have worked with some great designers to create graphic design creatives for my blogs.