Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Beat Blogger’s Block: Part 5 – How to Finish Every Blog Post Every Time
Today’s episode is about how to get into the habit of finishing what you start. It’s part 5 in a mini-series of podcasts that looks at how to be more productive with your blog and beat common blocks. In today’s episode, I’m sharing how I managed to switch from regularly starting but not finishing blog posts, to finishing and publishing them most times. I share my strategy, tools and process so that you can finish every blog post every time.
In This Episode
- 4 common reasons why you might be struggling to complete a blog post
- Why scheduling time to finish blog posts will help you complete and publish more blog posts!
- How to improve the quality and consistency of your blog posts
- How to build a system, checklist and schedule that you can follow to streamline your blog post process
- 9 questions you can use as your blog post completion checklist
- How involving others can help you improve your blog post completion rate and quality, and ways to do it
Further Reading and Resources for How to Finish Every Blog Post Every Time
- How to Craft a Blog Post – 10 Crucial Points to Pause
- Podcast Episode 40: 7 Productivity Tips For Bloggers (includes my schedule with the time I dedicate to finishing blog posts)
9 questions you can use as your blog post completion checklist:
- Does the post ‘matter’? Is it meaningful? Will it be valuable to readers?
- Is the title good?
- Have I got a good opening line?
- Have I clearly explained my main points/teaching/opinion?
- Have I added an appropriate conclusion and call to action?
- Could I add more depth? (further reading, quotes, examples)?
- Have I invited my readers to interact/respond/share?
- Have I proofread it?
- Could I add more visual appeal through images, multi media or better formatting?
Other episodes in this series about beating blogger’s block:
- Podcast Episode 86: How to Get into the Flow of Creating Great Content for Your Blog
- Podcast Episode 85: How to Get Entrepreneurial Ideas Out of Your Head – Pat Flynn Interview
- Podcast Episode 84: How to Come Up With Fresh Ideas to Write About On Your Blog
- Podcast Episode 83: How to Beat Writer’s Block: Part 1 – Working Out Why You’re Stuck
How did you go with today’s episode?
Have you suffered from not being able to complete your blog posts? How many unfinished draft blog posts do you have? Have you got a strategy that helps you finish and press ‘publish’? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.