Influence to Make a Difference Challenge
April 15, 2016 By Laney
We’re looking for two ProBlogger attendees to join Daniel and Justine Flynn from Thankyou on this year’s social good panel “Using Your Influence to Make a Difference”
We challenge you to show us how you have used your influence to make a difference! We’d love to hear how you were inspired or how you acted on your passion to create change, make an impact, or influence behaviours for social good. It can be something you’ve already done, something you’re doing now or something you do between now and the event.
Submissions for our “Influence to Make a Difference Challenge” will be open until 5pm AEST Thursday 30th June 2016 for ticketed attendees. The panel will run in the Strategy, Ideas & Inspiration track (one of three concurrent sessions and five workshops).
A key focus of the ProBlogger event 2016 is influence. This is not just a storytelling session about your blogging journey. It’s a contribution to a panel discussion on how you used your influence to make a difference. Throughout the session attendees need to be able to note down actions they can take away and apply themselves. We also encourage a healthy dose of inspiration to show our audience that ANYONE can make a difference, including the challenges you overcame.
The submission process has two parts:
- Online form
Written information about yourself and your rise to the challenge will be collected through an online form. Click here to complete the form or enter your details in the form below.
A 2 minute video sent to [email protected] providing an introduction of yourself and summary of how you’ve used your influence for social good. You are welcome to upload to Dropbox and send a link where the video can be accessed, or share privately via Youtube or Vimeo. The video does not have to be professionally taken. A video from computer or mobile device is fine. It is the content and presentation skills that we will be focusing on, but successful applicants will be invited to submit a video to showcase their outcomes if they want.
Things to consider when making a submission
We always receive a high number of submissions and as much as we would love for everyone’s story to be told, it will not be possible to fit everyone into the schedule. The selection for the showcase will also aim to reflect a mix of niches, size and topics.
When putting together your submission we recommend taking the following into consideration:
- Original examples will be valued highly.
- Proposals must be submitted in the speaker’s name and contact details – not from PR companies or agents.
- Sales and product pitches are not allowed in sessions.
- Please reserve the event dates 9th and 10th of September on your calendars.
- Only one submission per person is permitted.
- Submissions must be received by 5pm AEST Thursday 30th June 2016. There will be no late submissions accepted under any circumstance, no matter how dire or heart breaking!
- Successful submissions will be required to forward any required presentation/video assets to ProBlogger event organisers by Friday 5th August 2016. Failure to do so could see the speaker being replaced.
- Due to the number of speakers we invite, it is impossible for us to assist with travel and accommodation costs for all speakers involved.
- You must have a valid ticket to the event if you are selected to speak on the panel.
- You will receive acknowledgement of receipt of your submission video within 48 hours.
- Applicants will be notified of their success or otherwise by Friday 15th of July 2016.
We can’t wait to shine a spotlight on the awesome things you are doing for social good. We know there is amazing spirit and motivation in the ProBlogger Community and extraordinary stories to be told by bloggers with audiences large and small doing their own thing, in their own way.
Please note that for your submission to be accepted, you must have purchased a ticket to the event.
Note: If you have questions please ask them in the comments below.