Nicole Avery is a Melbourne mum to five beautiful kids aged 17 to 7 and the master organiser behind the successful blog, Planning With Kids. Since starting her blogging journey in 2008, Nicole has grown her blog into a platform enabling her to establish herself as a freelance writer, consultant and product creator. Nicole runs her small business from her home in part time hours that suit her family. She is also a sought after speaker on a variety of topics including blogging and family organization and the creator of an online blogging course with the Australian Writers Centre, How to Get More Blog Readers.
10 Things I Wish I Had Known When I Started Blogging
A year or two into blogging it is easy to write a list of things you wish you knew before you started; wordpress vs blogger, build an email list, create a content plan, build a community etc. But 8 years into blogging you gain a different perspective. If you are intending to blog for the long haul, the lessons Nicole Avery will share in this session will help you set yourself up for sustainable blogging success.
- How to stop your blog taking every waking moment
- The importance of being realistic about your blog and your blogging skills
- The realities of blog growth
- How to use ‘burn out’ for good
- Why you need to be able to separate yourself from your blog
Sunday Sessions Workshop
Productivity & Planning Masterclass
Regardless of whether you are an established full time blogger or a freshly started one working on your blog after your “real job”, productivity is critical. And productivity means much more than time management. To be productive you need to know what you want to achieve, create processes to support this and use tools that will allow you to maximise the returns for your efforts.
Nicole Avery is the master organiser behind one of Australia’s most popular parenting blogs, Planning with Kids. With five kids, running marathons, volunteering and freelance gigs on top of running the blog, Nicole has practical experience to share on making the most of the time you have and how you can constantly be working on increasing your productivity.
- The importance of knowing what you want to do and where you want to go
- How Pareto’s 80/20 principle applies to blogging
- Why there is more to productivity than time management
- How and what to measure to determine your productivity
- Processes and tools to help you increase your productivity