ProBlogger Event 2015 Speaker Submissions
April 13, 2015 By Darren Rowse
ProBlogger Event 2015: Blogger showcase submissions open
One of the things we try to do each year at the Problogger event is shine a spotlight on Aussie bloggers. We know there is amazing knowledge in the Problogger Community and extraordinary stories of success by bloggers with audiences large and small doing their own thing, in their own way.
In our Aussie blogger showcase, four Aussie bloggers will have the chance to talk for ten minutes (and it will be ten minutes run by a buzzer!) to share a secret of their success.
The questions below will give you an idea of the type of presentation we are after, with only a short time to present however, we recommend focusing on just one area and it doesn’t have to be one of these areas listed.
- Have you created an amazing community?
- Have you converted your readership into a profitable revenue stream?
- Have you found a strategy to kick start your blog growth?
- Is there something else you have to share with attendees that will help them on their journey to being a Problogger?
Submissions for our Aussie blogger showcase will be open until 5pm AEST Tuesday 5th May 2015 for those of you who have a ticket and are coming along to the event. The Aussie blogger showcase will run as one of three sessions on offer on the program at that time.
Once again the key focus of the Problogger event 2015 is entrepreneurial blogging. This is not just a storytelling session about your blogging journey. Throughout the showcase attendees need to be able to note down actions they can take to improve their blog, expand their readership and develop ways to profit from their expertise.
The submission process is has two parts this year:
- Online form
Written information about yourself and your topic will be collected through an online form. Click here to complete the form or enter your details in the form below.
A 2 minute video sent to [email protected] providing an introduction of yourself and summary of what your showcase success story will look like. You are welcome to upload to Dropbox and send a link where the video can be accessed, or share privately via Youtube or Vimeo. The video does not have to be professionally taken. A video from computer or mobile device is fine. It is the content and presentation skills that we will be focusing on.
Things to consider when making a submission
We are expecting a high number of submissions and as much as we would love for everyone’s story to be told, it will not be possible to fit everyone into the schedule. The selection of bloggers for the showcase will also aim to reflect a mix of niches, size and topics.
When putting together your submission we recommend taking the following into consideration:
- Original ideas will be valued highly. However just because a topic has been covered at our event before does not mean it cannot be seen again – twists on key blogging monetisation topics can be useful to our attendees.
- Proposals must be submitted in the speaker’s name and contact details – not from PR companies or agents.
- Sales and product pitches are not allowed in sessions.
- Please reserve the event dates August 14 and 15, 2015 on your calendars. With many speakers to schedule it will not be possible to accommodate individual speaker availability.
- Only one submission per person is permitted.
- Submissions must be received by 5pm AEST Tuesday 5th May 2015. There will be no late submissions accepted under any circumstance, no matter how dire or heart breaking!
- Successful submissions will be required to forward the presentation pack to Problogger event organisers at least two weeks in advance. Failure to do so could see the session being replaced.
- Due to the number of speakers we invite, it is impossible for us to assist with travel and accommodation costs for all speakers involved.
- You must have a valid ticket to the event for your submission to be accepted.
- You will receive acknowledgement of receipt of your submission video within 48 hours.
- Applicants will be notified of their success or otherwise by Monday 18th May 2015.
We can’t wait to shine a spotlight on Aussie bloggers. We know there is amazing knowledge in the ProBlogger Community and extraordinary stories of success of bloggers with audiences large and small doing their own thing, in their own way.
Please note that for your submission to be accepted, you must have purchased a ticket to the event.