Things have gotten a little heavy in some of the latest comment threads here at ProBlogger so I thought it might be time to put a little love in the air and have some fun.
So I’m suggesting we make the next 7 days about naming our Blog Crushes.
Do you have a crush on another blogger? I don’t mean an actual crush – rather is there a blog or blogger out there that you really admire? Maybe you’re too scared to let them know or are afraid that your admiration is unrequited?
– you like the way they blog
– you find yourself logging onto their blog every day (sometimes more) and staring at their design or drooling over their way with words
– their RSS feed is at the top of your list
– you leave more comments on their blog than you write posts on your own
– you let them know about posts you’ve written in the hope that one day they’ll notice you
– you dream about that elusive spot on their blog roll that you’d love to fill
– every second post you do is about them or their blog
Ok – maybe your crush is as extreme as this – or maybe it’s a little milder – but I want to give people an opportunity to reveal their true love and admiration for the objects of their Blog Crushes.
I’ve done this exercise on other blogs of mine and it’s been a lot of fun.
Here’s how it works.
1. You write a post on your own blog that talks about your blog crush.
2. You can use the above graphic if you’d like.
3. Tell us in the post who the object of your crush is and why you have it. Is it their design, their humor, their prolific posting rate, their traffic levels, their humility….etc
4. Include a link to this post in your post to point your readers to where I’ll be compiling a full list of who has a crush on who (with a link to both you and the one you have a crush on).
5. Then come to this post and leave a comment below telling us that you’ve posted so I can link up.
It’s as simple as that.
The first time I did this exercise we ended up with a list of over 100 great blogs. Some of the ‘crushees’ and ‘crushers’ actually made friends through the process – one or two people even made some introductions between ‘crushees’ and ‘crushers’ and we all found some great new blogs that we’d never heard of before through the process. Lastly it was interesting to see what people wrote about what they liked in other blogs – reading reasons given was an illuminating thing in and of itself.
So give it a go – at the very least its a fun way to promote your own site a little by getting a link from this post.
Here are the Blog Crushes so far!
- Actionberg has a thing for True Hoop
- Bonnie loves Miss Snark the literary agent
- ‘MrG’ from Genuine Blog has been admiring
- Redd is going weak at the knees over Dooce
- Comic Strip Blog loves
- Miha is smitten over Duncan and Darren
- Dee has a serious thing for Marilynn Griffith
- Tim has unrequited love for Jenstar
- Cary is devoted to Lori
- Mike has expressed his love for Joi and Creating Passionate Users
- Kim gets into a lovey dovey frame of mind and talks up Angie, Shai and
- Colbert has a crush on Liewcf
- Allan has a place in his heart for EyeFlashes
- Kobayashi loves Steve and Darren
- Jerm has expressed his love for Kim the Awesome Dictator Princess and Mussolini
- Ben has the hots for Home Office Voice, Entrepreneurs Journey and Trevor Cook
- Chris is smitten with adiktd – too hot for radio
- Christian has a thing for me
- Angie is spreading her love around to 13 bloggers – Gina, Darren, Andy Wibbels, Ken Leebow, Heather/Dooce, Overhead in New York, Overhead in the Office, Mridu Khullar, Wendi Speciale, Carrie Colbert, and Kim (I think I got them all).
- Tiago is dedicated to Pop Gadget
- Liz loves S.L. Cunningham
- Christine is dedicated to Steve
- Flyaway-Weblog has a crush on WandaLust
- Melissa is all gar gar over MOMster in Paris and Daddy Types
- Modern Guy has his eye on Mimi in New York
- Charlene loves Mr Nice Guy, Cafemama and The Sarcastic Journalist