Beginner Week has been jam-packed with tales from the trenches – from how to set up a blog, to a newbie success story, Darren’s Beginner Dos and Don’ts; and 31 mistakes established bloggers made way back in the early days of their blog.
Today we’re back with even more goodies to take away: our 10 most popular (and useful!) posts for beginner bloggers. Get ready to Pin, bookmark, save to Evernote, or however you keep interesting posts for future reference – you won’t want to leave this one behind!
1. Five First-Year Posts that Led to Over 6 Million Views: Darren tells the story of the five posts on Digital Photography School that managed to attract a huge readership in its first year, and why he thinks they were so successful at driving traffic.
2. Webinar: 10 Things I Wish I Knew About Blogging: For Darren’s 10th blogging anniversary, he celebrated by sharing a recording and slides about what he would loved to have known when first starting out.
3. Crawl Before You Walk: 6 Step-by-Step Instructions for Starting Your Own Blog: A guest contributor leaves nothing to chance and explains the six things you NEED to know.
4. Recommended Blogging Resources: Things Darren uses in everyday blogging that you might find useful.
5. Guest Post: 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started: A guest contributor narrows early blogging down into 10 useful and productive key items for success.
6. How I Make Money Blogging: Darren lays all his cards on the table and explains exactly how it works behind the scenes.
7. 9 First-step Goals for New Bloggers: So much to do, so little time. The nine goals Darren believes beginners should aim for if they’re looking for a bit of direction. Then the sky is the limit!
8. What My Wife Has Taught Me About Blogging After Just Three Months: Darren’s wife Vanessa’s blog was an instant hit – and it made Darren pause and reflect on what she had done differently to his blogger beginnings that made it such a success.
9. How Much Content Should I Have Ready to Go When I Launch a Blog?: Darren sits down with a group of bloggers yet to start a blog and explains how much content should be published on a brand-new blog, versus how much content he actually had when starting. A great lesson to learn!
10. What Mistakes Did You Make When You First Started Blogging? What Would You Do Differently?: A reader asks Darren to share his top three mistakes made in the early days. The comments from other bloggers about their beginner blogger mistakes are also eye-opening.
Over to you – what resources did you find as a beginner that you found super-useful? (I always find new things at Amy Lynn Andrews‘ site. It’s a goldmine!)
Don’t forget, we also have 50% off ProBlogger’s Guide to Your First Week of Blogging right here! Use the code BEGINNERWEEK.
I remember when I first started blogging, I came across this very blog because I wanted to make money. Must be 5 years ago. At the time I was in that mode of “reading and commenting” but not really trying to understand and implement or make connections. What made the biggest difference for me the second time I started, was stopping to think of blogs as blogs, but as people giving advice. It’s helped me take the advice to heart, and actually connect with people and make friends.
I can’t pinpoint any particular resource at the moment. When I started looking for help I found so much of it. Almost too much, in fact. It’s been an interesting week, I still have much to learn.
Oh that’s such a good way of putting it! People giving advice. I also see it as people sharing stories and connecting with them that way. I’m learning so much too!
Thanks for the awesome contest!
Really great stuff. I started blogging a few weeks ago and I just cant seem to get it all together. I really needed this! Thanks :)
Oh it takes time, that’s for sure!
Some great resources here Stacey. I have only made it through the first few so far but they have been enlightening already.
I have started blogging few months ago… I was in always search of good guide that could help me out… THe way you people have worked to describe all the important factors is very superb.. Such a nice effort Stacey. Thanks
You’re so welcome, Umer – I hope it is useful!
Thank you so much for sharing these great Links. All these 10 links are just awesome and much valuable for us. thanks again for gathering and explaining each of them very beautifully. Really great :)
The list is awesome. I hope it will help me a lot. Going to book mark this page…
All excellent resources! Crawling before you walk is the way of the beginner, in blogging or any home based niche. Learn the basics and use them hourly to reap the greatest rewards. All my current success flowed from being calm, confident and using simple, effective actions to create neat things on the blogging front.
That’s great advice right there, Ryan!
An awesome post. thanks.
I created my first website with Joomla. Now I facing a problem “How to build traffic to my website?”.
Your post is very useful for me. thanks.
I think that’s a big thing for us all :)
thanks for this valuable post ….its awesome my friend told me that this post helps him a lot thanks once again
I hope it’s useful for you too!
Great content delivered once again. Useful to all new bloggers and also who are experiencing a critical phase of time in blogging. Mostly everyone learns from all our own mistakes and leads our life towards a successful way. Thanks ..
After a few years of my revisit to this blog. I have found that I have miss a lot of blogging information. I have also corrected many mistakes in my blogs by using Problogger tips. Thanks
It’s the great thing about blogging – its flexibility! We all learn as we go.
Good list.I have just started my blogging business and I am sure it will help me a lot in the near future.Thanks
These all look like great links, I can’t wait to sit down and read them. Thanks for sharing!
Seems a great list of resources for beginners, thanks for sharing them, I will try to implement these tactics and will let you know the outcomes. :)
Thanks for the links. An interesting summery for a german blogger ;)
I remember when I first started blogging (about a year ago) I wanted to do everything and try everything myself. And there is nothing wrong with taking action but why not look what other successful bloggers are doing and get some inspiration? So I found your blog and Pat Flynn’s blog smart passive income. Then immediately I knew what I was doing wrong.