How to Build Your Profile and Drive Traffic to your Blog Through Forums and Social Media Groups
In todays episode I challenge you to focus a little attention today on joining an online forum and/or social media ‘group’ as a way of growing your blog’s profile, finding readers and learning more about your niche.
In this Episode
In this short episode I share:
- 3 questions to ask to help you find new readers for your blog
- 3 reasons why joining a forum or group can help grow your blog
- Some tips on how to find and participate in a forum or social media group in a way that helps your blog improve
Further Reading Relevant to this Podcast
- How to create a reader profile, avatar or personal for your blog
- Episode 3 of our Podcast: 11 ways to Promote Your Blog
- Finding Readers Week: Corinne Talks Commenting, Engagement, and Are Forums Right for Your Blog?
- How to Use Online Forums to Promote Your Website – Shout Me Loud
- 7 Ways to Benefit from Facebook Groups over at Socially Sorted
- LinkedIn Groups: Getting Started
How did You Find this Challenge
Are you already a regular contributor to forums and/or social media groups? What tips would you add to those in this episode? What do you find works best? What would you avoid doing?
I’m looking forward to learning from your experience in comments below!
UPDATE: please scroll down to the comments section and check out the amazing and generous advice of Paul who shares some meaty tips on getting the most out of forums. It’s great stuff!
Check out this Offer from 99designs
Also check out the great offer our friends, and new podcast sponsor, 99designs have for you (worth $99). They’re a fantastic place to go if you’re looking for any help with graphic design in your blogging.
I use their services and have worked with some great designers to create graphic design creatives for my blogs.