Find New Readers for Your Blog with Todays Blogging Challenge
This is an activity that bloggers really need to be focusing regular attention on so I hope that some of the tips I share in todays episode will become a regular part of your daily blogging workflow.
In this Episode
Building readership for your blog is a question I’m asked about every day and there’s a lot to say about it so I start off talking in slightly more general terms but then give you some specific ways to promote your blog. Here’s what I cover.
- Why a ‘build it and they will come’ mentality doesn’t work
- 6 phases of growing readership for your blog
- 11 ways to promote your blog post
Here’s a graphic of the 6 phases from a talk I gave recently to help you visualise it.
But as I say – today is very much about phase 4 of the process.
Your Challenge for Today
Choose one (or more) of the 11 ways mentioned in todays episode to promote your blog (or try another that wasn’t mentioned) and get off your blog and put some of your recently written pieces of content out there.
Note: Please go a little beyond what you normally do. If you normally push your posts out onto social media – do something a little extra and see what happens.
Tell Us What You Do! – Once you’ve promoted your post please let us know what you did in comments below these notes so we can learn from you. Also let us know what impact your actions have.
Other Links and Resources Mentioned In Todays Episode
I mention a couple of resources in todays episode that would make great further reading (and listening) on this important topic.
I’ve also included a few other relevant articles to the topic for you to check out if you want to dig deeper.
- 5 Basics to Having Your Post go Viral (on creating shareable content)
- How to Promote Your Blog Without Letting The Rest of Your Blogging Slide
- How to Socialize Your Posts for Maximum Effect
- How to Build an Efficient Social Media Workflow to Increase your Traffic
- 11 Ways I Diversified Traffic Sources for My Blogs to Become Less Reliant Upon Google [With a Surprising Twist]
- How to Promote a Blog with Social Media
- The Ultimate Guide to Leaving Comments on Blogs
- How to Get Media Coverage for Your Blog
A Great Offer from our Friends at 99designs
Before I go I would recommend that you check out the great offer our friends, and new podcast sponsor, 99designs have for you (worth $99). They’re a fantastic place to go if you’re looking for any help with graphic design in your blogging.
I found them so easy to use when getting my podcast artwork designed and appreciate their great variety of designers, fantastic value for money and the quality and speed of the work being produced.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.