Technorati seem to have launched (in beta) their new ad network – Technorati Engage. There’s no official word on their blog yet – but the ad network does seem to be live.
This isn’t a really a surprise – Technorati– so this is just a natural extension.
- Bloggers decide what they want to charge advertisers
- Bloggers can choose what categories of advertisers that they wish to be shown on their blog
- Bloggers have the ability to approve (or deny) advertisers. You get 48 hours to do this.
- The Revenue split is 60/40 (with you the blogger taking 60%)
- Ad Formats are 125 x 125 ad units, text ads and ‘PhoText’ ad units which come in four sizes (25, 50, 100, and 200 pixels in width) – they combine both image and text.
- If Technorati can’t serve an ad and there’s an empty ad unit Technorati will serve CPC ads to the ad position.
- Technorati are offering what they call ‘ad rotation’ where you can serve ads from a variety of advertisers in the one ad box.
- Payment to publishers is via PayPal, Check or Wire Transfer.
- Publishers can sign up here.
- You can see full terms and conditions of the network here.
- Check out the .
Thanks to all who emailed me about this and especially to Steve who was first!