Here’s a few links that caught my attention over the last few days:
- I wrote a number of months ago about getting unconfirmed subscribers to your RSS feed to confirm their subscription – .
- ReadWriteWeb profiles 10 Chat Widgets that you might want to consider adding to your blog if you’re looking to add live chat as a feature for readers.
- SEOmoz shares 5 reasons why it’s better to be Big and Popular than Small and Niche
- BlogHerald shares 12 Ways to Make Better Use of Your Footer – more and more blogs are using this space not only to add stuff that they don’t want to show readers – but as a key area. Seems bizarre that someone at the bottom and out of sight would convert – but strangely I’ve found that it’s actually a hot area – I guess people scroll after all!
- Over at b5media we just relaunched our Sports Channel with a competition with some pretty cool prizes – good luck!
- Life Training Online shares The 7 Habits of Highly Defective Bloggers.
- Success from the Nest has decided to ditch the Top Commenters plugin and start highlighting Top Contributers – great call!
- Ben Cook has generated some great discussion on his post – It explores some of the issues around making recommendations on a blog – particularly of new untested products. I left a couple of long comments on it and value it as a discussion. It’s not only relevant to the ‘make money blogging’ type blogger but all who use affiliate links.
- Michel Fortin shares 7 Deadly Sins of Website Copy – some of which are relevant for bloggers