How to Create an Editorial Calendar for your Blog
Yesterday I challenged you to come up with at least 10 blog post ideas for your blog. Today we’re going to take those ideas and begin to form an editorial calendar around them – specifically we’re looking to create an editorial plan for next week on your blog.
As I share in this episode this something I resisted doing in the early days of my blogging but having started to do it a few years ago it transformed my blogging on many levels so if you’re yet to do it I can highly recommend you give it a go.
In Today’s Episode
- 10 Quick Benefits of creating an Editorial Calendar
- How to Create a Simple Editorial Calendar for Your Blog
- A basic weekly format for an Editorial Calendar that you might want to try (with a different type of post on each day)
- Tools you might want to check out to help you create your editorial calendar
By the end of this challenge you now should:
- know what you need to create
- have some starting points for each post
- have a plan of when you’ll create each post
Tools Mentioned in this Episode and Related Reading
Here are the editorial calendar tools I mentioned in today’s episode:
And here is some further reading on the topic:
- How to plan an editorial calendar [recording of a webinar]
- Behind the Scenes: My Low Tech Editorial Schedule
- 3 Ways Scheduling will Make You a Better Blogger
- The Complete Guide to Choosing a Content Calendar: Tools, Templates, Tips and More – Buffer
How did you go with today’s challenge?
- Do you already have an editorial calendar?
- What tool do you use if any?
- What does your next week of blogging look like in your editorial calendar?
Pick up the 31DBBB eBook at 50% Off
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.