ProBlogger.net’s blog designer Rachel Cunliffe has started a series of posts that I’m sure many of you who love to play around with your blog’s templates will enjoy. In her post Creating a blog theme from scratch she outlines where she’d headed with it. Her 7 steps are:
- Consulting with the client
- Constructing a wire frame
- Constructing an initial design idea in Fireworks.
- Converting the design into the (WordPress/MovableType) template files
- Tweaking the design to suit
- Re-addressing the blog’s design after it’s been used for a month or two
- Blog maintenance
While I’m no designer (and suspect I never will be) I’m looking forward to reading more on how a pro blog designer does it.