After a conversation recently with two local bloggers who were thinking of giving up blogging, I wanted to reach out to all of you who find yourself in a similar boat to them – managing the fine line of blogging with heart, but also being successful.
Each of these two bloggers had come to blogging via different avenues, but neither of them were seeing the results they wanted. The first blogger blogged with her heart on her sleeve, sharing personal stories to a virtually empty audience. The second blogger had blogged totally by the book, doing everything that logically meant success would soon follow – but his blog was devoid of personality and soul.
Neither of them were where they wanted to be.
Blogging From the Heart
In today’s episode of the ProBlogger podcast, I wanted to talk about blogging with heart, and how that can help give your blog the edge it needs to stand out from the rest. The next podcast will focus on smart blogging strategies to help you see success, but it definitely takes a mixture of the two to really work.
The 7 ways I think you can blog with heart are:
- Blogging about your passion, with passion
- Focusing on storytelling, no matter the topic
- Building community
- Creating inspirational content
- Being personal
- Being playful
- Creating content that changes lives and makes the world a better place
Your blog can be technically proficient, and you may see success with that, but without heart and soul, you’ll never reach the heights you have the potential to.
- Passion – Do You Have It?
- The Unexpected Way to Write Killer Content: Blog from Your Heart and Break All the Rules
- How One Blogger More than Doubled Her Comments, Traffic, Shares and Subscribers With a Simple Tweak
- How to Create Blog Posts That People Remember
- 26 Blogging Mistakes That Are Costing You Time, Money, and Credibility