Today is Blog Action Day – the day where thousands of bloggers around the world are all blogging on the same topic – this year it’s ‘the Environment’.
So on a day like today I thought it might be good to have some discussion around the topic rather than me just spouting off on my theories – after the stated goals of Blog Action Day are to ‘get people thinking, discussing, questioning and talking about the environment’.
So my question for us bloggers is:
‘how can we as bloggers be involved in saving the environment?’
Surely there are a at least a few things specific to bloggers that could reduce our ‘footprint’ on this wonderful world we live in.
Here’s a few to kick us off:
- Get a more energy efficient monitor
- Turn off Your Computer at the End of the Day
- Donate a Days Earnings to an Environmental Cause
- Keep your computer longer and learn how to recycle it when you do upgrade (learn more about the ‘computer problem’)
- Consider offsetting the carbon emissions from blogging with some tree planting
I’m sure there’s a lot more we could do – keen to read your suggestions.