OK – so today I want to launch something that I’ve been thinking about for a while now. It’s a little like my previous group writing projects but it’s all about video.
Here’s how it’ll work.
I’m going to name a topic/theme (see it below) and invite everyone and anyone to put together a video on that topic. I’ll then get you to upload it to your favorite video sharing tool and will then share them all on the one post as a mega video mashup exploring the chosen topic.
I know this will mainly appeal to those of you with video capabilities – but then again I guess my previous ‘writing projects’ only ever appealed to those into text – so lets see what happens.
Are you interested in participating?
- No – no problem, stay tuned for my next post here at ProBlogger.
- Yes – read on for the ‘rules’/guidelines in how to participate.
How to Participate in the Great ProBlogger Group Video Project
1. The Topic – The Topic for this first (and maybe only) Group Video Project is – ‘Why I Blog’.
2. Make a Video – You now have 1 week to put together a video on that topic. Your video can be in any style that you choose – a rant, poetry, music video clip, interview, comedy, drama, song, talking head…. get as creative as you like. It can be at any length you choose it to be. All I ask is that it relates to the topic at hand in some way.
3. Upload your Video – Once you’ve made your video upload it to a video sharing site. It needs to be one that has the ability for the video to be embedded on other sites. YouTube or Revver are two that you might like to choose from.
4. Share Your Video With Us – Once it’s uploaded – you’ll need to share it’s location with me so that I can add it to the final mashup page. To do this simply leave a link to your video on the video sharing site in the comments on this page. Also include the word ‘videoproject’ in your comment so that we can ensure nothing gets filtered as a spam comment. Also include your blog’s URL in your comment so we can point back to it. One Entry per blogger please.
5. Deadline – You have just under a week to get your video submitted. I’ll close submissions on Tuesday 1 April at midday (my time, here in Australia). No it’s not an April Fools thing – just so happens to coincide :-)
6. Mashup Post – Next Wednesday I’ll pull together all of the submitted videos and put them together in one post here at ProBlogger for everyone to enjoy.
7. What You Don’t Have to Do – if the topic isn’t one that is relevant to your blog, don’t feel you have to post it on your blog. I understand that it won’t be relevant to everyone’s audience – so feel free just to make the video and put it on a video sharing site. Also feel under no obligation to link to this project or ProBlogger. While you’re welcome to spread the news of it to your readers/viewers, linking in is not a requirement of entry at all.
My hope with this project is that it’ll be fun, drive a little traffic back to your blogs, that it’ll help us each learn more from one another about the video medium and that it’ll evangelize blogging a little in the process and shed some light on why and how people are using blogging.