79% of ProBlogger readers identify ‘finding time to blog’ as one of their biggest challenges.
Last year I ran a survey among ProBlogger readers to identify what the biggest challenges that bloggers face are. A number of common themes emerged – one of the strongest can be summed up in these comments from readers:
- I just don’t have time to blog like I know I should
- I can barely post once a week… how do you guys do it?
- After a day of work, kids and keeping a house running my blogging is getting neglected
‘Finding Time to blog’ was a massive emerging theme among ProBlogger readers. Other issues around productivity, effective use of time, questions about out sourcing and more were also common.
As a result I immediately sat down with my team here in Melbourne and we began to plan for a resource to help bloggers become more effective with the limited time that they have available to them.
The Creation of Blog Wise: How to Do More with Less
ProBlogger editor – Georgina Laidlaw – began a series of interviews with successful bloggers. We put together a list of 9. The criteria was that we wanted to find people who had full lives yet who also managed to create great blogs and social media presences.
The result is a fantastic new PDF eBook – Blog Wise.
Featured Bloggers in Blog Wise
We ended up with a fascinating mix of bloggers who not only had great blogs but who also managed family life, other employment, extensive travel, other businesses and more. Here’s who you’ll find contributing to this eBook:
- Heather Armstrong: Founder of Dooce, author of numerous books, mother of 2 kids (and 2 dogs)
- Brian Clark: Founder of CopyBlogger Media which includes CopyBlogger the blog, StudioPress Themes, Premise, Scribe and more.
- Amy Porterfield: author, prolific on Social media, contributor to numerous blogs, speaker, Mom and much more.
- Abby Larson: Founder of Style Me Pretty – a network of 12 sites which she manages with her husband Tait.
- Matt Kepnes: Founder of Nomadic Matt’s Travel Site – constantly on the road travelling
- Jeff Goins: blogging at Goins Writer, writing a book, husband and…. he works a full time job
- Gretchen Rubin: Founder of the Happiness Project blog, author of 4 books, wife and mother of 2 daughters.
- Leo Babauta: Founder of Zen Habits and numerous other projects, author, minimalist and father of 6 kids.
- Darren Rowse (me): owner of Digital Photography School and ProBlogger, author, social media addict and husband and dad to 3 boys.
This 18,000+ word eBook is divided into a chapter for each blogger in which Georgina pulls out the nuggets from each interview. She has also pulled together a 10th chapter which wraps it all up.
Bonus Productivity Problem Solver
And as an extra bonus we’e included a ‘Productivity Problem Solver’ PDF which covers 21 common productivity problems for bloggers and quotes from each of the above bloggers on how they overcome those issues. For example:
- Can’t Get Motivated? See what Jeff Goins has to say
- Having Trouble Focusing? Gretchen Rubin shares a tip
- Can’t Keep Track of Post Ideas? Amy Porterfield shares her quick tip
- Got Writers Block? Darren Rowse and Heather Armstrong share what they do
- Got an Opportunity that you’re not sure what to do with? Abby Larson gives you some questions to ask yourself
- Thinking of Building a Team but unsure how to Keep it Productive? Brian Clark shares some thoughts
- Feeling Overwhelmed? Leo Babauta will get you on track with his wisdom
- Been Putting Stuff Off? Matt Kepnes tells you how he gets things done
I’m really excited by Blog Wise because it not only pulls together some great bloggers into the one resource – it gives you a unique insight into how they go about what they do.
Reading it will give you some great ideas to apply to your own blogging but also some inspiration and motivation through hearing the stories of these bloggers too.
Grab Yours Today
Blog Wise and the Bonus Problem solver are PDFs and easily read on any PDF reading device including an iPad (you’ll just need to download it to your computer first for uploading to your device).
Normally priced at $19.99 for a limited time and to celebrate its launch it is $14.99 USD.
Feeling a little dry? Can’t fit all the blogging tasks in? Learn more about Blog Wise here or grab your copy directly from the button below.