One of the areas that many bloggers want to see improvement in when it comes to making more money from their blogs is in the area of RSS Advertising.
Today Bidvertiser started experimenting with just this.
I’m yet to try it for myself and there’s a distinct lack of information on the Bidvertiser site about this new development – but it’s good to see a new entry into the RSS advertising space.
From what I can piece together – the process of adding them to your site involves you verifying your feed and choosing a category for your blog/feed. If you give it a go let us know how it performs for you in comments below.
Update: I’m told by a contact at Bidvertiser that this will be officially announced later today. The process for getting involved is:
1. Join BidVertiser as a publisher (or login if you already are).
2. click the “Public Beta – BidVertiser ads for your RSS/ATOM feeds. Click here to start! ” link.
3. Type you feed URL
4. Verify your feed ownership by adding a unique code to your post
5. We will provide you with an alternate feed address that will include the ads
6. We will provide you with a “Subscribe” widget for quick subscription (there are detailed instruction of how to add it to each of the popular blog platforms).
The upside is that this is a potential way to earn an income from your RSS feed. The downside is that you need to promote a new RSS feed to your readers for them to see it (from what I can see). I can see this as being something of a barrier to many bloggers.