We all know storytelling is one of the key aspects of successful blogging. If you can weave a story around your words, no matter what your niche or topic, it is more likely to entertain your readers and resonate with them.
Even if you think you aren’t much of a writer or storyteller, you can still find one of these story types discussed today that will be useful and relevant for your blog – following on from Episode 80 of the ProBlogger podcast where I discuss what to say when you’ve got nothing left to say, hopefully these should give you some ideas on how to craft your words so you can stand out as a unique and interesting blogger.
In this episode I discuss these story types and how to get the best out of them (with examples!)
- Personal discovery stories
- Analogies and illustrations
- Success stories
- Failure stories
- Someone else’s story
- “How I Did It” stories
- Picture stories
- Case studies
- Reader stories
- Collection stories
- “Imagine if” stories
Then go forth and shake up your usual writing routine with the age-old tradition of sharing stories for connection. Let me know how you go – does this kind of writing come naturally to you? Or is it out of your usual style?
You can find the show notes for episode 81 of the ProBlogger podcast 14 Types of Stories You can Tell on Your Blog at ProBlogger.com.
- Dazzle & Connect With Your Audience with these 7 Storytelling Strategies
- The Secret Weapon That Levels the Playing Field for Every Blogger
- What I Learned About Podcasting in my First 50 Episodes
- Blogging and Privacy: How to Blog Authentically Without Losing Your Voice
- Thinking of Quitting Blogging? What Dooce Did Next