Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Work Out How to Brand Your Blog
Today’s episode is all about how to build your blog’s brand. Many bloggers don’t think about branding, they let their brand happen to them, instead of building it. Your blog brand sets the scene for the relationship you will have with your readers and how they will perceive you. If you have a clear brand, it also has a flow on effect of making it easier to make the right decisions about your design, your content, and the way you build community. I share my tips and some exclusive advice shared by Clare Hillier (from Checks and Spots) recently at the 2015 ProBlogger Event.
In This Episode
- What is a brand? What is a blog brand?
- Why does having a brand for your blog matter?
- Exclusive excerpt of blog branding tips from Clare Hillier’s presentation at the 2015 ProBlogger Event
- How to define your blog brand
Further Reading and Resources for How to Work Out How to Brand Your Blog
- Clare Hillier’s blog, Checks and Spots
Clare’s Questions about Building Your Brand
Questions to ask about your Brand Essence
- Who are my readers?
- Why do people visit my blog?
- How do people feel when they read my blog?
- How do my readers benefit from my blog?
- What do I do that makes me stand out from everyone else?
- What would people miss if my blog was no longer there?
- What do I want to be known for?
Questions to ask about your Brand Values
- What values do you express?
- What values do you want your blog to live by?
- What values do you think resonate deeply with your audience?
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Do you already know what you want your blog to be known for? If you’re still developing your blog brand statement, what brand essence or values are you planning to include?
We’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Don’t forget to share a link to your blog.