Today your challenge is to create a ‘list post’ for your blog
Since I started blogging back in 2002 the ‘list post’ has always been a popular type of post for bloggers. While you may not want every post on your blog to have this format there’s no doubt there are some definite advantages of using them from time to time.
As I look at my most popular posts over the years on my blogs many of them would fit quite well into this category.
So today I want you to create one. Here’s what to do:
- Listen to today’s episode (either here on the site or in iTunes or Stitcher)
- create and publish your list post on your blog
- please share a link to your newly published list post in comments below so we can see what you’ve done today
- check out some of the links other share, comment on and share the ones you enjoy the most
In This Episode
Here’s what I cover in todays episode:
- 8 Reasons Why List Posts Work
- A Warning on List Posts
- 3 Types of List Posts to Try Writing on Your Blog
- Examples of List posts that I’ve written that might give you some ideas
Examples of List Posts Mentioned in this Episode
All of these examples come from my blog at Digital Photography School but please submit your own new list posts below and check out the examples others leave to see them applied in different niches/topics.
- 21 Settings, Techniques and Rules All New Camera Owners Should Know
- 10 Ways to Take Stunning Portraits (and the follow up ‘10 more tips…’ post)
- 11 Surefire Landscape Photography Tips
- How to Make An Inexpensive Light Tent – DIY
- Posing Guide: 21 Sample Poses to Get You Started with Photographing Women (and the followup series)
- How to Photograph Fireworks Displays
- DIY Lighting Hacks for Digital Photographers
- The 30 Most Popular DSLR Lenses with our Readers
- 10 Photography Quotes that You Should Know
- 100 Things I’ve Learned About Photography
Also mentioned in this episode as a tool to check was Buzz Sumo.
Show Us Your List Posts
The key to this 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge is that you DO the challenges. So your challenge today is to write a list post and then to share the link in comments below.
Note: Please only share NEW posts that were written as part of this challenge and not old archived posts. This is about getting you to write something new!
Once you’ve shared your link please check out the links that others leave and get to know some other bloggers involved in this challenge.
Check out this Offer from 99designs
Also check out the great offer our friends, and new podcast sponsor, 99designs have for you (worth $99). They’re a fantastic place to go if you’re looking for any help with graphic design in your blogging.
I use their services and have worked with some great designers to create graphic design creatives for my blogs.
Pick up the 31DBBB eBook at 50% Off
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.