Do These Things Before You Launch Your Blog
Today we are talking about launching your blog. I’ve been getting a lot of questions in terms of content and design and what types of things you should have ready before you launch your blog.
Pre-bloggers often want to know how much work should they have done before launching their blog. They ask questions like how much content should I have ready? How many posts should be live? Should I have a customized theme? Should I invest in a logo?
Sometimes excitement kicks in when launching a blog, and it gets launched before it is completely ready to go. Today we are going to talk about the ideal blog launching scenarios.
In This Episode
I used to be a partner in a blog network, and what we would do content wise is what I’m going to share with you today. We aren’t going to talk about choosing a blog platform, hosting, or choosing a domain today, but we have a post here on how to Start a Blog that walks you through those decisions.
- Brainstorm post topics – if you can’t come up with 20, your niche may be too narrow
- Write 10 blog posts, make 3 live and 7 drafts
- Ideally have a unique design – put your own logo and colors on a premium theme
- Setup your email newsletter before you launch – having an email list is gold
- Setup social outposts – choose most relevant social network and set it up
- You can register social accounts on all of the networks, but focus on the main one
Tools and Resources for Launching Your Blog
Premium WordPress Themes
Note: I am an affiliate for some of the tools and resources listed above.
Further Reading for Launching Your Blog
- Home Bases and Outposts – How I use Social Media in My Blogging
- How I Use Email Newsletters to Drive Traffic and Make Money
How did you go with today’s episode?
There is always more you can do to customize a blog, but the top listed items are what I would focus on. I’d love to hear what you would add to this. Let us know what you did to customize your blog, and if you are a new blogger leave us a link to your new blog in the comments.
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.