How to Create a Business Blog When You Don’t have a Dedicated Team
Welcome to episode 96. Today we are talking about business blogging and using your blog to promote your business or products.
One of the most common questions I get asked when I’m speaking at conferences for business people and blogging is how do I create a business blog without a team to dedicate to the task.
Often times, this question is asked by the person assigned to create the blog or the business owner. Here are a few tips that can be used to build a business blog on a shoestring.
In This Episode
Here are a few tips designed to help you create a business blog and have a regular and consistent workflow.
- Make one person responsible as the editor. Give someone the authority to blog and get content produced.
- Establish a publishing rhythm. Work out how often you are going to publish, and give the editor authority to make it happen.
- Brainstorm ideas ahead of time. Know who is going to write what and implement that into the publishing rhythm.
- Set up an editorial calendar with all of this information. Writing in batches and stockpiling posts can make things easier.
- Dedicate time to create, complete and promote your content. Time has to be allocated to creation, editing, comments and social media.
- Look beyond your business team for content opportunities. People you know and network with may help with content or interview scenarios.
- For content creation look at everyday activities. Customer questions, team meetings, and interesting things that happen can be content topics.
- Experiment, track and evaluate. Take the time to analyze the impact of the content and your return on investment.
Today’s further reading is an article I wrote for LinkedIn about 56 ideas to use for business blog posts. I have heard back from a number of people who actually used this article as a basis for their yearly blog post ideas.
How did you go with today’s episode?
I hope you found these tips helpful. If you have any tips of your own that you use for your business blog, please share them with us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.