Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Decide Whether to Include the Date on Your Blog Posts
Today’s episode is all about how to decide whether to include the date on your blog posts. I received this question from a listener, who noticed that I use timestamps on one of my blogs, but not on the other. Dates can either add or take away from your blog. I share how I decided what to do with each of my blogs and tips for you to work out what is right for you.
In This Episode
- Why including the date on your blog posts can be a good or bad thing
- How to work out if the date is relevant to each blog post
- Why I don’t include dates on my blog posts on the Digital Photography School blog
- Where to include dates on your blog posts
- Why it might be useful to include dates on some blog posts but not others
- Why some bloggers choose to include dates on blog posts for 3-6 months and then remove them
- Why some bloggers include dates on the front page of their blog but not on each individual blog posts
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Do you have other tips that have worked for you? What will you try next?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.