Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Keep Growing a Successful Blog When It All Seems Too Hard
Today’s episode is about how to face the things that you are struggling with on your blog and how to make it successful despite the challenges. There are many hurdles to building a successful blog. Every blogger encounters their own unique combination of challenges. I share 9 of the major hurdles I’ve faced with my blogging and how I’ve got over them.
In This Episode
- How I managed to start a blog without even knowing how to make text bold!
- Why you need to make peace with the fact that you will never know it all
- How you can get other people to help you with your blog, even when it’s not making any money yet
- Why being willing to learn new things will help you, even if you decide to pay other people to do the things you can’t do
- How to keep blogging when you’re scared of looking stupid
- How to find a focus for your blog
- How to get new ideas when you can’t think of anything
- How to keep blogging when you feel burnt out
- Why taking care of your wellbeing and physical
- How to deal with personal attacks or criticism
- How to build your blog readership
- How to build a profitable blog (how to choose which monetization model is right for you)
- Why relying too much on advertising can hurt your blog
- How to find time to blog even when you’re working other jobs and have a young family
Further Reading and Resources for How to Keep Growing a Successful Blog When It All Seems Too Hard
- I’m not Technical Enough to Blog [Misconceptions New Bloggers Have #4]
- How to Blog: How to Choose a Blog Niche [6 Tips]
- 3 Ways to Define What Your Blog Is About
- 11 Tips to Breaking Bloggers Block Through Solving Reader Problems
- Give me 31 Days and I’ll Give You a Dramatically Better Blog… Guaranteed
- Previous podcasts in this series on the topic of Finding Readers
- 12 Blogging Income Streams [And the Story of My 10 Year ‘Overnight’ Success]
- Previous podcasts in this series on the topic of Making Money
- ‘Blog Wise’ – our eBook on becoming a more productive blogger that features advice from 9 successful bloggers
- Episode 38: How One Humiliating Experience Gave Me a Wake Up Call That Helped Me Build a More Profitable Blog
- Episode 40: 7 Productivity Tips For Bloggers
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? What other hurdles are you facing? Do you have any other practical tips that you can share with me and other listeners that have worked for you? What will you try next?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.