Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Build Your Business with a Content Machine
Today’s episode is about how to build your business using content marketing. It’s an interview with Dan Norris, a serial entrepreneur and popular blogger. Dan has used content marketing as his key strategy to building his successful businesses. He shares his experience and insider tips so that you can turn your blog into a successful business too.
In This Episode
Today’s episode is sponsored by our event partner Telstra Business.
Telstra business is there for advice on all your technology needs like cloud and communications, so you can do your thing. If you’re in Australia visit your local Telstra Business Centre or
In today’s episode:
- How Dan went from an unsatisfying office job to becoming one of Australia’s most successful online entrepreneurs
- What is content marketing and why it is so powerful
- Real life examples of companies and individuals who do content marketing well
- The elements that a successful content marketing strategy needs
- What makes content great
- Why ‘sharing’ is the only metric Dan really looks at to evaluate the success of a piece of content
- Why Dan suggests going outside your niche can be a good strategy
- Why Dan doesn’t have a reader ‘avatar’ to aim his content at
- The 3 types of content that always seem to work on the WP Curve blog
- Why Storytelling is such a powerful tool in content marketing
- What to do when you start to build traction
- The importance of having a ‘great business’ if you want to do great content marketing
- What ‘monetization logic’ is, and why it matters
- How to differentiate yourself as a blogger
- How to get content in front of people once you’ve created it
- How Dan has scaled his content marketing by building frameworks and identifying great tools to use.
Further Reading and Resources for How to Build Your Business with a Content Machine
- Dan’s Content Machine resources page (including some great free frameworks that he mentioned in the interview)
- Dan’s book, ‘Content Machine: Use Content Marketing to Build a 7-figure Business with Zero Advertising’
- Dan’s website for WP curve
- The fantastic WP curve blog
- The Black Hops brewery website
You can connect with Dan and more of his tips on:
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Do you have other tips that have worked for you? What will you try next?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Subscribe to ProBloggerPLUS for free to get free blogging tutorials and podcasts in your inbox each week.