Affiliate Marketing Tips and What Links to Use in Your Emails
Today I’m going to talk about affiliate marketing and where the links should point to when sending an email promoting a product to your list.
This topic was inspired by a question from Scott.
“I want to try my hand at some affiliate promotions and have selected an eBook to promote. I have heard to say that your affiliate promotions work best when you email your list but I am wondering if I should email that affiliate link or send them to my own blog where I review the product.”
“I’d love your guidance – how do you promote an affiliate product?”
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money with a blog. If you are not familiar with the concept you can learn more from Podcast Episode 51: My Tips for Making Money As a Blogger Through Affiliate Marketing.
In Today’s Episode Affiliate Marketing Tips and What Links to Use in Your Emails
- Linking directly to the sales page of the product you are promoting
- This eliminates steps and gets the buyer closer to the buy button
- If the sales page is good and likely to convert
- If we do the pre-selling in the email and don’t have to do much more to convert
- Sending the potential buyer to your own blog
- The product has a sales page, but a little more pre-selling is required which we will do on the blog
- If you think a review of the product will be useful to sales
- If you want to promote the product several times over a few weeks
- Email 1 – announces the product/deal with reasons to buy and features
- Email 2 – an email linking to a review of the product – talks about pros and cons and links to sales page
- Alternatively link to interview of ebook creator
- Alternatively get ebook author to write guest post
- Email 3 – Last chance reminder linking directly to the sales page
How did you go with today’s episode?
Ideally, you want as few clicks as possible, but there are times when some extra clicks and pre-selling will get your readers in the buying mood. I hope that answers the question.
I would love to hear what you do with sending readers to landing pages or pre-selling on your blog.
Got a Question You’d Like Me to Answer?
I base many episodes of this podcast upon questions answered by ProBlogger Podcast listeners and Blog readers.
You can use the following widget to ask a question. Please include your name and blog name (if you have a blog).
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.