Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
8 Ways to Make the Most of Your Blogging Time
Today’s episode is about how to make the most of the time you have. Juggling time to blog with other things in your life is one of the most common challenges that bloggers experience, including me. I recently got together with 5 other bloggers where we talked about this, and I’ve spent a lot of effort myself in trying to get better at managing my time. In today’s episode, I share eight tips and strategies you can use to make fitting blogging into your life less stressful.
In This Episode
- How to work out what your life priorities are
- How to work out how you’re currently spending your time
- How to work out what your blogging priorities are (and the 4 priorities I focus on for my blogs)
- How to change your schedule to increase blogging effectiveness
- Why batching your tasks is so important
- How ‘mental blogging’ can save you time
- Why setting aside time for idea generation can save you time
- How to break down big jobs into small bites
- How to embrace slow blogging – why less can be more
- Why putting time into preparing for the next week can save you time
- Why setting aside time for rest, inspiration, and well being should be a regular part of your blog schedule
- Why NOW is the perfect time to review your priorities and redesign your blog and life schedule
Further Reading and Resources for 8 Ways to Make the Most of Your Blogging Time
- Episode 40: 7 Productivity Tips For Bloggers (includes my ideal weekly blogging/life schedule)
- Blog Wise: How to Do More with Less (ebook)
- How Batch Processing Made Me 10 Times More Productive
- Discover Hundreds of Post Ideas for Your Blog with Mind Mapping
- Webinar Recording: 10 Things I Wish I Knew About Blogging Before I Started
- Kemi’s blog
Tools I use to save time:
- To track how I spend my time – Rescue Time
- Mind mapping ideas – MindNode (other bloggers also use Trello)
- To do list app – wunderlist
- Calendar I use from my phone, computer and watch – Fantastical 2
- Writing and sorting content – Evernote
- Team communication – Slack
- Social media management – Meet Edgar, CoSchedule
How did you go with today’s episode?
What other strategies have worked for you? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.