Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Write Engaging Blog Posts
Today’s episode is about how to make sure your blog posts are really interesting. I share 11 tips you can use in your writing to get attention and maintain interest. Today’s podcast is a challenge to myself – to include as much high quality advice as I can in just 3 minutes! These are tips you can keep coming back to in future to keep improving your blog. I’m also including a lot of extra resources in the show notes with examples and further ideas that you can refer to.
In This Episode
- How to make your blog posts useful to your readers
- How to share your opinion
- How to cut out the fluff
- How to visualise your reader
- How to make your blog posts scannable
- How to make your headlines catchy
- How to show your passion
- How to ask your readers to do something
- How to tell stories well
- How to make your blog posts look interesting
- How to continuously improve your writing
Further Reading and Resources for How to Write Engaging Blog Posts
- Usefulness – Principles of Successful Blogging #3
- Write an Opinion Post on Your Blog [Day 19 31DBBB]
- Editing for People Who Love to Write… Too Much
- How to Create Reader Profiles/Personas to Inspire and Inform Your Blogging
- Writing Blog Content – Make it Scannable
- How to Craft Post Titles that Draw Readers Into Your Blog
- How Passion Can Transform Your Blog
- Calls to Action – 12 Tips To SNAP Readers Out of Passivity
- Tell a Story – Rediscovering Your Blogging Groove Day 7
- Using Visual Content to Increase Blog Engagement
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Blogging through Practice
How did you go with today’s episode?
What other strategies do you use to make sure your blog is attention-grabbing? If you’ve got a blog post that has got much more attention than normal, feel free to include a link and let me know why you think it worked. I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.